Empowering consumer health management to rein in costs.
American business is facing a crisis of immense proportions. The costs associated with the provision of health benefits, workers’ compensation and absenteeism is increasing at a rate that stands to jeopardize the financial viability of many industries.
Hospitals are perfectly positioned to facilitate employer worksite health-management partnerships and mitigate escalating healthcare costs. For far too long hospitals have relinquished their “expert” role to other interests, such as health plans. The difference now is this:
- The awareness of the power of health management programs has never been greater
- The employer’s motivation to act has never been more disposed
Hospitals must recognize that today’s health-management programs are not the “soft” wellness programs that hospitals tried in decades past. Done right, they are structured, strategic, measurable and timely.
Powerful Hospital & Community-Employer Partnerships
At Aegis, we believe healthcare providers represent an important opportunity to mitigate and potentially reverse the alarming trend of rising healthcare costs. Armed with Aegis' business-to-business strategy, providers and employers can work together to implement an early detection and prevention approach to health management by:
- Identifying and addressing health risks within a workforce
- Linking employees' individual health needs with the most appropriate resources
- Hospitals positioning themselves as valued community health partners to employers